Sponsor a GREAT Summer!
Boys & Girls Clubs of the MS DELTA is seeking help from our funding community to support our 8-week Summer Program at all of our Club sites across the Delta through our SPONSOR A GREAT SUMMER campaign!
The Challenges & Needs of Mississippi Delta Youth
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Mississippi Delta is currently facing a critical challenge and an unprecedented opportunity. Youth of the Delta experience unimaginable hurdles to break free of the cycle of poverty. Many of these youth participate in at-risk behaviors. It costs over $400 per day to house incarcerated youth, with loss of future earnings, and tax revenues. In 2016 there were 1,336 Youth Court Referrals in the seven counties we have Club sites. If each of these 1,336 youth were incarcerated for a year the cost is over $200 million dollars. It costs $850 a year to provide a quality Boys & Girls Club experience to one of those same young people.
During 2018 the Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Delta had 1,936 registered members. In 2019 we will serve over 3,000 Youth across the Delta. This level of growth is ambitious, however it barely scratches the surface. The need of young people in the Mississippi Delta is staggering. While the need is indeed staggering, there is HOPE! Results show our Clubs ARE making an impact.
We know that when youth have a fun, safe place to go with academic supports and caring adult role models, a dramatic change occurs in their lives. They learn to set goals for themselves and they learn life skills needed to accomplish these goals. They learn their voices have value. They learn to dream.
· Increased ADA of over 1,000/summer vs 500/after-school program
· 8-week Summer Program - 9 Hours of Programming Monday-Friday
· Healthy & Engaging Activities for all youth regardless of their ability to pay
· 93% of members, grades 3-12, are on track to graduate on time
· 98% of our teens expect to graduate high school
· 79%of our teens expect to attend college
· 79% of all members, grades 3-12, reported receiving B’s or higher
· 100% of our 3rd graders passed their 3rd grade reading test
· 59% of our teens volunteer in their community at least once a month
· 88% of members said they feel they can stand up for what they feel is right, even if their friends disagree
· 87% of our teens have abstained from drug use, including alcohol and tobacco
· 51% of members are physically active for at least 60 mins on 5 or more days
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Mississippi Delta is uniquely positioned to create opportunities in the lives of our young people – lives based on their potential – not their circumstances. Help our Clubs reach MORE YOUTH, MORE OFTEN.
Our Goals & Objectives are clear:
· Implement Best Practices in Youth Engagement
· Increase Overall Registered Membership & Other Youth Served
· Increase Average Daily Attendance(ADA) Summer & Afterschool
· Create Opportunities for Donors to Impact the Life of Young People in the Delta
To Provide :
8-week Summer Program Cost Per Club
Unit Director & Youth De velopment Staff $28,000
Program Materials Supplies $7,000
Special Programs & Field Trips $10,000
Summer Program TOTAL per Club $45,000
How You Can Help:
Your Sponsorship of our 8-week Summer Program in Batesville, Clarksdale, Greenwood, Grenada, Itta Bena, Jonestown, Lexington, Tunica, or Yazoo City can make ensure a GREAT Summer for a Child Today!
Visit our Guidestar profile for an independent review of our organization