On my birthday, I'll be running the Mount Desert Island Half Marathon. For the first time, I'm raising money for a cause I'm very happy about. The SPCA on the island is doing great stuff you can ready about below. I am a firm believer in animal rescue and I hope you can donate to the cause.
SPCA of Hancock County
- Protect and provide shelter for lost, abandoned and relinquished animals.
- Provide adoption opportunities for all animals under our care.
- Promote the care and well being of all living creatures through education.
- Provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals and encourage kindness toward animals.
- Educate the public on pet overpopulation and proper animal care.
- Campaign for all companion animals to be spayed and neutered.
- Fund a low cost spay/neuter program with the cooperation of local veterinarians.
The SPCA of Hancock County is an independent organization. We are not affiliated with any national animal rescue groups, and we do not receive federal or state funding. Therefore, your support is crucial in helping us to meet the needs of the animals in our care.