Hello lovely people! Seeding Change has been such a grounding, healing, and empowering presence in my life and I am grateful for this opportunity to participate in this fundraising campaign. As I reflect on my experiences the past few years with this beloved organization, I think about 5 things:
1) I think about the values and politics that we hold. It takes time and effort to grow into the values and politics that we deserve as individuals and as a collective. My time as a fellow back in 2017 was pivotal and set me up to create many more opportunities to truly cement and become resolute in the ways that I want to hold this world, keeping me rooted in how I want to move through this world and my life.
2) So, I think about the idea of community and (political) home. It is not just important for one share space with others who share similar experiences and struggles, but it is just as vital for one to build space with others who believe in each other’s presence and visions of the future. There is healing in being able to practice all of that. We can easily talk about collective liberation as much as we want, but very rarely do we get to feel it. And although I don’t truly what it looks for me to move towards liberation, I know that if it had a feeling it would be similar to how I feel when I’m with the other seedlings/seeding change fellows.
3) Because of that I think about the idea of relationships and connections. I can only feel this way because of the relationships and connections that we were able to build collectively. We can only truly be free if we are all free. It is so hard to capture the significance of what it means to build relationships that transform your life, so I’ll leave it at this: I love them and you should too!
4) So I continue and think about the feelings of hope and faith. The mission of Seeding Change is captured as:
“We plant the seeds that one day will grow. We water seeds already planted, Knowing that they hold future promise.” -Oscar Romero, “Future Not Our Own”
We must invest in each seed that we hold, each value, each home, each relationship, if we are to grow into the future that our communities deserve. We must do so with hope and faith especially when times get hard.
5) And so I come full circle and end with myself. Simply, thank you Seeding Change for believing in my growth and the growth of so many people I care about. I am so excited to continue growing with Seeding Change and all the people that will be involved in the future!
So please help me reach my goal of raising $300 for Seeding Change ($100 for each year, because SC has been keeping it 100 with me). Consider contributing $25 ($5 for each point tho!), or just sharing this personally to 5 people that can support! Anything you can give is deeply appreciated!
They say the fist is the size of your heart, so these are the five “fingers” that opens and closes like a beating heart, in all the ways we need to hold and fight for each other and points me towards how I want to impact and love in this world, moving my fist radically left and putting my heart in the right place. “Left fist, right heart.” Struggle in love, love in struggle.