When it comes to community, the VO family is one of the strongest. We cheer each other on in good times and bad. We lift each other up and celebrate our individual wins as a win for all. COVID 19 is catapulting all of us into a world of uncertainty, but we’re strong. And stronger together. With the help of the SOVAS™ Board of Directors, we have created the Society of Voice Arts and Sciences™ Relief Fund to help bring a little financial relief to those who are in need.
SOVAS™ is leading the way! Once we reach our goal of $15,000, we’re going to divide the money into as many $500 grants as possible and give them to members in our VO family who are in need. SOVAS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit so your donations are tax deductible.
Here’s the criteria to receive a grant:
• You must be a working voice actor and voice acting must be your primary source of income.
• You must have experienced no less than a 20% loss of income due to Covid19 between 3/1/2020 and 7/31/2020.
• You must provide documentation to help us validate your loss. (eg, letter from agent, accountant, manager, proof of receipt of unemployment benefits, or a personal letter of reference.)
• You must submit your request for relief through the following link: https://www.sovas.org/sovas-relief-fund/
• Funded applicants will receive an email announcing the grant award and will receive the grant through direct bank deposit via Zellepay.com
We don’t know how long Covid19 is going to last, so the larger the safety net we’re able to create now, the more people it can help. Please give from your heart. Give as much as you can. No amount is too small. We know that everyone’s circumstances are different, especially in these precarious times, but we would be so grateful to those who are able to donate, no matter the amount. If you are not able to donate, please consider sharing the link to this fundraiser so that it might reach more people who are able to give and share in turn.
In addition, if you know somone who may be in need, please share the following application link: https://www.sovas.org/sovas-relief-fund/