My father retires as Executive Director of the Southern Environmental Law Center at the end of March. To thank him for creating a wonderful organization that plays such an important role in protecting our air, water, forests and wetlands - as well as the communities and special places of the South - I am doing a week-long fundraising campaign. I hope you can join, and learn a little more about SELC along the way. You won't regret it.
Some reasons why you should get involved:
- Want to support an organization with national impact? The cases SELC takes on often set the precedent for what happens on a federal level - and when we have an administration and EPA that is trying to dismantle or undermine critical protections, you need a good lawyer.
- Want to protect the communities that don't have a voice? Big companies can mean a lot to their communities, especially when they provide jobs - but when they try to take shortcuts to increase their profits at the expense of the health, safety and wellbeing of their neighbors, it's nice to be able to bring the power of the law into the battle for FREE (well, sort of free. That's where we come in).
- Live in or love the Southeast? SELC has offices in each of the states in which it works - meaning the lawyers not only understand the courts, but they understand the communities. SELC sees first-hand the importance of the places it is protecting and the challenges they face.
- Want some good news for a change? SELC is incredibly effective, even when the odds seem stacked against them.
- Want to make sure your money is going to a good place? SELC has a 100% rating on Charity Navigator.
Protecting the environment affects all of us. Thank you for your support! Please visit www.southernenvironment.org to learn more.