Huge thanks to whoever donated to Apollo's 10th and Athena's 8th Birthday Fund to Benefit Cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer) Research and Cure last October. $1,415 were raised within 10 days and added to the research force. February is Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month and February 12th is World Cholangiocarcinoma Day. February is my birth month and this year’s February 12th happens to be 2021 Chinese New Year (Year of Ox)! Please consider donating to my birthday fund to Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation too as:
1. February is the coldest month in Minnesota.
Your kind donation will shine a light and bring warmth and hope to thousands who are suffering and help early diagnose for better outcomes to the ones who don’t know they have it. Your donation will not only help patients and their direct family but also their extended families, friends, co-workers and anyone who knows and cares about them.
2. Whether you are Chinese or not, doing good deeds near Chinese New Year brings you a whole year of good luck! (Who doesn’t need it, especially after last year? 😊)
3. Paying too much tax? Get your charitable donation tax deductions!
4. It’s my first ever birthday fund raising. Your kind donation will help you stand out from my 600+ Facebook friends 😊
5. We will match 100% of the combined raised funds from last October’s Apollo and Athena’s birthday and my birthday, so we’ve gotten $1,415 begin with! Make us match more!!
In case you missed Apollo and Athena’s birthday fundraising last year, here are some information about Cholangiocarcinoma (CCA): Cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer) is a rare but aggressive cancer formed in the bile duct and typically incurable at diagnosis (many patients were given only 3 weeks to 3 months). 5 years combined survival rate is 9%. It's a rare cancer with an estimated 8,000 diagnosis in the United States, therefore research and funding are limited. The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation (cholangiocarcinoma.org) is a global 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2006 by a family who lost their loved one with the hope of finding a cure and improving the quality of life for those affected by cholangiocarcinoma. It's the world's largest organization for Cholangiocarcinoma research, clinical trials and patient support. 2 Mayo physicians are in their medical advisory board.
Every penny counts! Appreciate your generosity, kind considerations and help! Good luck in the Ox year!