My name is Amilcar Rodriguez and I will be participating in the Carilion Clinic Ironman 70.3 Virginia’s Blue Ridge on June 7, 2020 in support of the Special Operations Medic Coalition (SOM+C). My goal is to fundraise $5000 to help fund SOM+C’s programs that’s supports education, resource acquisition and benevolence of active duty and transitioning SOF Medics. Any size donation will be greatly appreciated and a valuable contribution to this cause.
Thank you for your support and please see more information about SOM+C below.
Special Operations Medic Coalition
Who We Are:
We are a group of current and former Special Operations Forces (SOF) Medics and supporters of the SOF Medic that have come together with one mission in mind: Strengthen, Enhance, Equip, and Develop Special Operations Medics as a whole by providing a support system and place to engage fellow USSOF and International SOF Medics in an effort to enhance learning, educational, and personal and professional advancement opportunities. This is accomplished through three Foundational Pillars; Research, Training, and Community Outreach.
Here are just a few things we’ve been able to achieve so far:
· Arranged the free attendance of a SOF Medic to the 2019 Australian Tactical Medical Conference.
· Arranged the free attendance of an International SOF Medic for a US based Prolonged Field Care Exercise.
· Raffled off free Tactical and Medical Gear, valued at $1000 to a SOF Medic.
· Provided telemedicine training resources for an International SOF Medical Exercise.
· Assisted in the publication of several active duty SOF Medics in two medical journals.
· Partnered with several universities to conduct research regarding the preventable causes of death on the battlefield and mitigation strategies applicable for the SOF Medic on the ground.
· Created a mentorship program which connects prior SOF Medics turned Physicians with current SOF Medics with aspirations to attend Medical School.