The Sogeti Omaha employees participate in an annual "Summer of Service". It's an internal challenge that encourages us to give back while participating in some healthy competition. With the recent devestation from the flooding in the Midwest we've decided to host a fundraiser to help those impacted.
In 2019, the American Red Cross mobilized volunteers, supplies, and resources to provide help to those who were affected by the 2019 flooding in Nebraska & SW Iowa. Here's an idea of how they helped:
- Provided 6,352 shelter stays in a total of 30 different shelters across Nebraska and Southwest Iowa.
- Served 65,318 meals and 75,120 snacks and distributed 1,857 cases of water.
- Provided 756 comfort kits.
- Distributed 6,774 clean-up kits and 33,265 relief supplies to 7,760 households.
- Made 2,130 health services contacts and 1,355 mental health contacts.
- Supported by 563 volunteers and staff from 41 states, plus DC and Puerto Rico.
Please help us in our effort to support the local American Red Cross. You can turn heartbreak into hope by making a donation to support American Red Cross disaster relief and help with disasters big and small. Thank you!