Did you know...
- More than 800 million people around the world don’t have access to clean water.
- About 80% of illnesses in developing countries are linked to poor water conditions.
- In Africa, young girls often can’t go to school because they are responsible for fetching water for the family. On average, these girls walk 6 km to haul 40lbs of water each day.
Global H2O is a company whose mission is to provide clean water and sanitation facilities in rural areas to improve overall health, reduce child mortality rates and improve school attendance. Shore Regional High School is hosting our first annual “Walk for Water” to support Global H2O in raising money to build a well that provides clean water for an entire village and school in Uganda, Africa. This walk is made possible, in part, by our sponsor Road Runner Sports.
The Shore Regional Walk for Water takes place on Sunday May 19, 2019 at Shore Regional High School Turf Fields. It will be a fun event for the entire family with music, food, kids activities, and a 2-mile walk to show support for the cause of clean water.
Registration begins at 9:30 AM with event kickoff at 10:00 AM.
Here are the three ways you can participate to help make this event a success:
- Walk or Play! Donate $15 through the website or bring cash or a check made out to “Global H2O” to the registration desk at the event and join the fun! (For online donations, click on "Donate" and select any team to submit your donation and you will automoatically be registered for the event.)
- Fundraise! To become a fundraiser, click on "Join" above and choose “Create Your Own Team.” Then either choose the default settings or customize your donation page. Click “Next” and your page will be ready to share with friends and family. Prizes will be given to the top three fundraisers!
- Donate! Online donations of any amount can make a big difference in this cause!
Donations will directly support Global H2O’s well-drilling project in Uganda and are tax deductible.
With the help and participation from Shore Regional area students and their families, this event can help kids in this village take care of their most basic need so they can focus on their education and building a better life for their families.
Please help support us!
About Global H2O:
Global H2O is a 100% volunteer-based 501(c)3 non profit organization that provides clean water and latrines in rural areas. Global H2O drilled its first well in 2010 and, as of 2018, has completed more than 100 wells and 20 latrines in Central Africa. This work has benefited more than 200,000 people, but approximately 600,000,000 people around the world are still in need of clean water. A great deal of work remains to be done. More information is available at https://globalh2o.org/