· My Sister's Haven is a nonprofit agency in Philadelphia that needs funding to purchase a property that will be a shelter for women who are victims of domestic violence.
· Victims often face difficult choices because they have limited financial resources especially if they have children.
· The Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline was forced to turn away an average of nearly 9,000 requests for shelter each year for the past three years (FY19-17) because our 200 emergency safe haven beds - the only shelter beds available for survivors of domestic violence in Philadelphia - were already full. (https://www.womenagainstabuse.org/education-resources/learn-about-abuse/domestic-violence-in-philadelphia)
· Philadelphia needs another shelter for these victims.
· My Sister Haven aims to help transform the lives of these women by providing a safe haven, medical and social services, and job training.
· Please share our campaign with your friends and family. We need donations to help us empower these survivors and help them rebuild their lives and the lives of their children. Our women, our sisters, our daughters, our mothers are invaluable assets to our community. Please Help Us Protect Them! Your donation can help women already waiting that need to transition into a safe haven.
Please visit our website at www.mysistershaven.org to find out more about our organization.