Have a sense of tumor:
1) Each year over 230,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer and about 30,000 will die from it.
2) Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15 - 34 years.
Make a mental note:
3) The 3rd most common reason men don’t seek mental health help is they think they can handle the problem on their own.
4) Inactive men are 60% more likely to suffer from depression, which is why regular physical activity is so important for everyone, especially men.
5) Women are 100% more likely than men to visit a doctor for annual exams.
Old Habits Die Hard:
6) Men who smoke can plan on losing 12 teeth by age 72.
7) Men make up ~55% of the workforce, but account for 92% of all workplace deaths.
8) Every day 90 American men die by suicide.
9) Men are nearly three times more likely than women to abuse alcohol and twice as likely to abuse recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine.
10) The most common cause of death for men in the U.S. is heart disease (the same as for women), and the average age of a first heart attack for men is just 66 years.