Negativity, today, more than ever, is everywhere and can be accessed as easily as looking at your phone. It can be found in the news, on television, in movies and pop culture, and it takes a toll on us as adults. Can you imagine how negativity affects our children?
SFK was started 16 years ago with a promise to empower children to make better choices in life and better understand life's challenges. We created an award-winning social emotional learning program that helps children struggling with fear, anger and stress, and teaches them to instead develop inner strength, self-worth and compassion.
Bottom line: SFK is designed to help children discover their goodness and strength.
As an educational nonprofit, we provide children with the resources, tools, language and a safe space to overcome the challenges of everyday life. We reach children worldwide through our online courses, partnerships with schools and organizations, and training professionals to be certified to teach the program.
We’re building a stronger foundation for future generations. Join us and be a part of the solution. Support SFK today.
Noteworthy moments of 2018 include:
- We reached 3,812 kids with our teams in Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela
- We taught 3,000 more children in East Jerusalem
- We launched our Certification Program that licenses individuals and professionals to go out and teach the SFK program for kids in their communities
- People from Brazil, Curaçao, Guatemala, India, the UK, and the US have joined our Certification Program
- We trained 22 teachers in East Jerusalem
- We trained 18 teachers in Colombia
- We trained 4 teachers in Mexico
- We had a SFK training session for the Bogota Metropolitan Police Department in Colombia
- We held an educational workshop and "Family Fun Day" event in Peru
Every dollar helps us empower children to affect positive change in their communities every day. Forward this to friends and family, and encourage them to make a difference by donating today.