40 percent of youth feel worried most or all of the time. The issues which worry kids the most are the future, family, health and friends, followed by body image, bullying, world problems, school and being different.
Now, more than ever, negativity can be found all around us in the news, television and films, and simple everyday occurrences. As adults, we endure side effects of stress, fear, and anxiety, but our children experience it without the tools to make sense of life’s hardships. SFK is a nonprofit that helps children navigate life in a healthy way by helping them discover their goodness and strength.
SFK has been providing children with the resources, tools, language, and a safe space to overcome the challenges of everyday life. SFK has created an award-winning social-emotional learning program that helps children of all backgrounds break down life’s struggles and equips them with the tools to make better choices, have deeper connections, and be empowered for life. SFK reaches youth online, through partnerships with schools and organizations, training professionals to be certified to teach the program, and by providing scholarships to low-income families .
We’re building a stronger foundation for future generations. Join us and be a part of the solution.
Noteworthy moments of 2018 include:
- We reached 3,812 kids with our teams in Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela
- We taught 3,000 more children in East Jerusalem
- We launched our Certification Program that licenses individuals and professionals to go out and teach the SFK program for kids in their communities
- People from Brazil, Curaçao, Guatemala, India, the UK, and the US have joined our Certification Program
- We trained 22 teachers in East Jerusalem
- We trained 18 teachers in Colombia
- We trained 4 teachers in Mexico
- We had a SFK training session for the Bogota Metropolitan Police Department in Colombia
- We held an educational workshop and "Family Fun Day" event in Peru
Every dollar helps us empower children to affect positive change in their communities every day. Forward this to friends and family, and encourage them to make a difference by donating today.