Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) is committed to building a more just, equitable, and resilient economy that works for everyone. We know that small businesses need help now more than ever. Many Newporters are looking to supplement their income through creating self employment opportunities and many small businesses need to adapt and pivot to survive and thrive. SEG helps make all of this possible through our network, resources and programs.
Newport needs YOU now more than ever. SEG has received a $1 for $1 matching gift pledge for up to $10,000 to support entrepreneurs and small businesses in Newport. Help us spread the word and raise $10,000 before November 15th and DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT.
Since the start of pandemic, we have experienced increased demand for our programming at a time when many are stretched thin financially. In response, we are offering all services as pay-what-you-can. And we need YOU to help us continue to support the many entrepreneurs and businesses that make Newport such a special place. Please consider sponsoring an entrepreneur or small business during these challenging times.
- $20 helps an entrepreneur/business gain vital business skill through access to workshops.
- $50 provides an entrepreneur/business with a year of access to SEG’s advising services so they can get the customized one-on-one support they need to thrive.
- $200 enables an entrepreneur to transform their idea into an actual business through the six week Incubator.
- $500 helps businesses adapt, pivot and get to the next level through three months of online and workshop curriculum, one-on-one coaching, and peer support through the SEG Accelerator.
About Social Enterprise Greenhouse
Social Enterprise Greenhouse aims to reduce income inequality, barriers to opportunity and other inequities through helping to launch and grow businesses that create economic opportunity and positively impact communities.
Since 2011, our programs have served 650+ social enterprises that have improved the lives of more than 5 million people. Some of our programs and highlights include:
- Our Accelerator has provided 224 social entrepreneurs with the tools, networks, and resources to grow their business and impact.
- Our Incubator has helped 132 entrepreneurs turn their idea into a business or nonprofit that creates positive social impact while being financially sustainable.
- Our Talent Matchmaking program has helped place 150+ interns with social enterprises to help build capacity.
- We’ve loaned $260K+ in growth capital to Rhode Island social enterprises through our loan fund.
- Focus on Equity - From 2018 to 2019, the percentage of ventures we served that are owned by women increased from 60% to 64%. The percentage of ventures we served that are owned by people of color increased from 34% to 37%, an increase from 19% in 2016.
- Statewide Expansion - In 2019 we expanded our commitment to equity by opening two new offices that have since served 70+ social entrepreneurs from Pawtucket, Central Falls, and Newport.