The Secret Spot Challenge is the first on-mountain, ski/snowboard scavenger-hunt-style team challenge of its kind. Teams of two to six people search intermediate terrain at Copper Mountain Ski Resort for a number of “secret spots” where they learn about mental health/suicide prevention stats and tools, solve mental puzzles and complete physical challenges. The physical challenges encourage team-building and transparent peer communication. The mental puzzles include those that educate on the problem of suicide and poor mental health in mountain towns and also equip those involved to practically engage in the effort against suicide. Opening and closing award ceremonies will educate on suicide prevention and mental health awareness. All funds raised will benefit Colorado-based non-profits working to reduce suicide and improve mental health.
• Each team will receive a CLUE BAG during the opening ceremony.
• Teams will use these clues to find seven “secret spots” hidden all over the mountain (all accessible by blue & green terrain).
• The majority of each team (more than half of its team members) must be present at each secret spot to perform a challenge.
• Teams will be made up of no less than 2 and no more than 6 participants. If you are NOT creating your own team, you must join another through Crowdrise or at check-in on the day of the event.
New for this year: $30 registration fee is required to participate. Fundraising is not mandatory to join but it is encouraged (see our new fundraising prizes).
Need help? Watch our how to video.
1. Click the Sign Up button above.
2. Sign up with the Challenge ticket and add on a Lift ticket if needed. If you'd like, you can add more tickets to sign up your whole team.
3. You will be asked to join a team or create a team. Teams are required and will consist of 2-6 people.
4. You'll receive an email about setting up your account/page. You must follow the instructions in the email to complete registration for the Challenge.
5. You will receive a unique webpage link for your fundraising campaign. Share this with everyone you know to support you and donate to win prizes.
6. Join us on January 23rd, 2021 at Copper Mountain for the Challenge!
If you can't join us for the event but still feel challenged to help this cause you can click the Help Fundraise button to create a fundraising team and invite your friends.
We are happy to help you along the way. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
We believe that this event offers practical training and insight that is valuable for anyone and everyone. If you can't join us because of the $30 registration fee, please reach out to email@example.com to talk about potential scholarships.
Each person participating in the Challenge is encouraged to fundraise! The event is raising money for a good cause and all funds raised benefit Colorado-based non-profits working to reduce suicide and improve mental health.
Personalize your page with pictures and your own story. Share your fundraising campaign with everyone you know and ask them to support you.