The Secret Spot Challenge is the first on-mountain, ski/snowboard scavenger-hunt-style team challenge of its kind. Teams of two to six people search intermediate terrain at Copper Mountain Ski Resort for a number of “secret spots” where they learn about mental health/suicide prevention stats and tools, solve mental puzzles and complete physical challenges. The physical challenges encourage team-building and transparent peer communication. The mental puzzles include those that educate on the problem of suicide and poor mental health in mountain towns and also equip those involved to practically engage in the effort against suicide. Opening and closing award ceremonies will educate on suicide prevention and mental health awareness. All funds raised will benefit Colorado-based non-profits working to reduce suicide and improve mental health.
- Each team will receive a CLUE BAG during the opening ceremony.
- There will be seven “secret spots” hidden all over the mountain (all accessible by blue & green terrain) where teams will find some form of challenge for the team to perform before leaving.
- Teams will be made up of no less than 2 and no more than 6 participants. If you are NOT creating your own team, you must join another through Crowdrise or at registration on the day of the event.
- Teams will be responsible to fundraise at least half of their team registration fees through the Crowdrise website.
- The majority of each team (more than half of its team members) must be present at each secret spot to receive their clue/perform their challenge.
- There will be extra challenges at secret spots that earn extra awards.
- Each person is required to register and fundraise a minimum of $100. You are allowed to give $50 towards your own fundraiser.
Drawing from teams that complete the challenge
Extra challenge completions
Top 3 Most Fundraised
Top 3 Teams Most Fundraised
(more to come)
How to Join
1. Click the Register button above.
2. Sign up with the Entry ticket and add on a Lift Ticket if needed.
3. You will be asked to join a team or create a team. Teams are required and will consist of 2-6 people.
4. You'll receive an email about setting up your page.
5. Get everyone you know to sponsor you and donate to meet or exceed the minimum participation requirement to support Colorado-based non-profits working to reduce suicide and improve mental health.
6. Join us on February 23rd, 2019 at Copper Mountain for the Challenge!
If you can't join us for the event but still feel challenged to help this cause you can click the Join The Campaign button to create a fundraising team and invite your friends.
This Challenge will benefit Colorado-based non-profits working to reduce suicide and improve mental health.
Charity Partner - Building Hope Summit County
Charity Partner - My Quiet Cave
Host Partner - Snowboarders + Skiers for Christ
Financial disburesement provided by The Summit Foundation.
For more information and updates sign up for our email list here.
Questions or interested in sponsorship and vendor information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Continue below for sponsors and fundraising leaders.