COVID-19 has affected our community in ways we could not have imagined. Now, it's time for us to pull together and help those who have been affected the most.
The Scott County Community Relief Fund is designed to assist with housing expenses, utilities, food needs, and support for "Front line" responders.”
This is a joint partnership of local churches, community leaders, local nonprofits AND YOU, a concerned citizen. Let us join together.
FUND INTENDED FOR
• Housing assistance (Rent or mortgage only)
• Food: All food requests will be forwarded to the AMEN House. This fund will supplement the AMEN House monetarily to purchase additional foods.
• Utility assistance (applicant must provide utility bills)
• “Front line responders” appreciation and restaurant support (provide monetary recognition to “front line responders” to be used at Georgetown participating restaurants).
•Credit card donations can be made here on GoFundMe. Cash or check donations can be made at PO 919, Georgetown, KY 40324. Checks can be made payable to “Transform Scott County" with the memo line of “Community Relief Fund.”
PLEASE NOTE: All funds donated through GoFundMe via credit card cost 1.9%+$0.30 per transaction with an optional donation to GoFundMe.
• All distributions will be made by check or gift certificates purchased by check. No cash will be provided.
• The overall fund shall be administered in a suggested 30, 30, 30, 10 structure (30% for housing, 30% for utilities, 30% for food, and 10% for front line responder support). Transform Scott County reserves the right to alter these percentages as needed.
• 100% of the funds will be used for financial assistance, and all donations are tax-deductible (none shall go for admin/other expenses).
• Each request will have a $200.00 cap. Requests can be made every thirty (30) days, with a maximum of three (3) requests per family. This limit may be adjusted as we assess community need in this ever-changing situation.
TO APPLY FOR FUNDS
Applicants will call 502-642-4494 to submit a request. Available hours are Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Applications will open on May 11, 2020.
• Applicants must provide documentation for housing expenses and utilities.
• All funds for food will be given directly to AMEN House, and AMEN House will handle all food requests.
-Must prove residency in Scott County
-The request must be COVID-19 related
• Funds will be distributed based on COVID-19-related needs. The “Community Relief Fund” does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, age, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation. The only required information will be that which is needed to process the financial assistance request.