As summer approaches, many children wear a smile on their faces. As of this morning, I couldn’t same the same for my teenage daughter. When I spoke with her about her feelings, she revealed the sadness in her heart for the children of Sudan. She began to educate me about the struggles their community continues to face daily in regards to the poverty and civil war at this time. Woman and children being beaten, sexually assaulted and murders taken place on a regular basis. The saddest part is the displacement of families and struggles for food. As tears rolled down her face, I had her take a minute to reflect how fortunate we were to be Americans and not have to face these struggles personally. Next I asked her how she could try to make a small impact. Through a little research we discovered there to be, a unicef facility directly in Sudan. They work tremendously hard to provide fresh drinking water, food, educational services and much more to these families. They also assist in counseling and helping families reconnect after being displaced from one another. Unicef is a reputable non-profit organization that services over 190 countries in need, to include our own. Any donations that my daughter receives, 95% will go directly to the actual Sudan base ( the other 5% goes towards fundraising and administration costs) and help these children and their families on a personal level.
Although my daughter may not be able to save Sudan, please help her make a difference by considering a small donation and sharing our appreciation of being United States citizens who are fortunate enough to have protection from our military and many programs and financial aids that are available to some of our less fortunate citizens who may be struggling. Thank you for any donation you may consider and please share her campaign! 🌎 ✌️ ❤️