Building robots from scratch is not cheap or easy. There are a lot of expenses related to managing a robotics program. Our parent organization runs an after-school robotics program in which they participate in FIRST Robotics Competition events. Under strict rules, limited time and resources, teams of students are challenged to raise funds, design a team "brand," hone teamwork skills, and build and program industrial-size robots to play a difficult field game against like-minded competitors. It’s as close to real-world engineering as a student can get.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, funding for our FRC Team 6636 Program is in danger. We need help to ensure we can continue to provide access to STEM to our youth members.
In 2020, Full Metal Beavers spent $12,411 USD on its FRC Team 6636 Program.
In 2019, Full Metal Beavers spent $16,859 USD on its FRC Team 6636 Program.
In 2018, Full Metal Beavers spent $15,622 USD on its FRC Team 6636 Program.
Below is the approximate cost of the program each year. Actual cost varies on several factors such as the number of participating members, how many events are registered, and additional parts for the robot.
- $5000.00 USD - FRC Registration & Regional Event Fee
- $4000.00 USD - FRC Additional Regional Event Fee
- $30.00 USD (each) - Seasonal Team T-Shirt for the FRC events
- $10.00 USD (each) - Seasonal Participation Medal for the FRC events
- $960.00+ USD - Cost of Food During 6-Week Build Season Period
- $1500.00 USD - Cost of Transportation for Competition Event Week
- Additional Costs include Robot Parts, Tools, and Materials.
Click here to learn more about our parent oragnization, Full Metal Beavers.