Holly's Railroad history begins in 1855 with goods and passengers flowing from Detroit to Pontiac and then Grand Haven. Henry Crapo, a Flint lumberman, built a line which became the Flint Holly Rail Road and started a statewide lumber boom! Holly became the first railroad diamond in the state and became a railroad center! The Depot became the focal point of the community delivering people and goods as well as news and culture, until service discontinued in 1971! The railways and the Depot are a key part of Holly's history. The depot is now no longer usable due to its position between two railways and safety concerns. The Depot committee would like to move the Depot 1,000 feet to a safe location and continue its rehibilitation so that it can be the focal point of the community once again. There are lots of plans for the Depot once it is complete including; a welcome center, a point of local, cultural and rail history, a place to hold events, and many other ideas. If the move of the Depot does not happen it will no longer be able to be worked on or kept up to date and Holly will lose a key monument of its history!