Over 5 days in late August, five intrepid riders will pedal 500 miles from the heart of New York City to Niagara Falls in support of Sanctuary for Families, New York State’s largest provider of services exclusively to survivors of domestic violence and sex trafficking, and their vulnerable children.
Each year, Sanctuary’s life-saving services help more than 15,000 New Yorkers who have experienced abuse on their personal journeys from victim to empowered survivor. And what our lawyers, counselors and job trainers see each day helps inform Sanctuary’s high-impact advocacy campaigns – which create lasting change in laws and policies for abuse survivors locally, regionally and nationally.
The Sanctuary Ride will raise awareness for Sanctuary’s remarkable work, which includes:
· Five shelters providing safe, confidential housing to 200 women and children each night.
· The nation’s largest domestic violence legal program, with 50 attorneys who provide representation and advice to over 6,000 clients annually.
· Counseling by 36 licensed social workers, focused on reducing trauma and cultivating healthy families in the wake of abuse.
· Intensive career training for 150-200 women annually, leading to good jobs in high-growth fields.
· Well-stocked food pantry and donated clothing boutique, and emergency cash assistance to help clients in crisis.
· Staff capable of communicating with immigrant clients in more than 35 languages, an unmatched level of linguistic competency
Sanctuary consistently receives 4 stars on Charity Navigator, with 85% of revenue going directly to programs – so you can be sure your contribution goes to good use. And all of your contributions will go directly to Sanctuary – the Sanctuary Team riders are paying their own way.
Please help us make this ride a success in its inaugural year, so we can grow it in the future to offer more support and awareness of Sanctuary’s work in the community. Thanks for listening.