The Society of American Military Engineers' Leadership and Mentor Program Young Member participants are raising money to support the local charity, DC Central Kitchen, and their response to the COVID-19 pandemic. DC Central Kitchen’s response includes the following:
- Serving 11,000 breakfasts and lunches to DC youth each week at five DC Public Schools and nine emergency mobile feeding locations across Washington, DC.
- Increasing meal deliveries to local shelters and front-line nonprofits by more than 1,000 meals per day, working collaboratively with African American and Latin communities bearing disproportionate health and economic burdens due to COVID-19.
- Distributing thousands of bags of fresh, local produce at 20 high-need locations each week, thanks in part to expanded storage, refrigeration, and logistics support from Occasions Caterers.
- Delivering deeply discounted fresh produce to corner stores in neighborhoods without grocery stores through our Healthy Corners program.
- Supporting grassroots mutual aid networks of neighbors helping neighbors with thousands of free meals and produce bags each week.
- Providing meals to first responders and healthcare workers at DC area hospitals as part of Monumental Sports & Entertainment’s “Feeding the Frontlines” campaign."
Click the "Impact Dashboard" button under "Donate", or copy and paste the link below to see DC Central Kitchen's current "COVID-19 Impact Dashboard."
Thank you so much for your support in helping us reach our goal by July 5th!