We keep abused, abandoned kids in the Foster Care System from becoming destructive adults! We keep these potential adults out of jail and prison. We keep them from joining the homeless population. We keep them from perpetuating the cycle of poverty. We keep them from participating in violence, substance abuse, and sexual abuse.
How do we do this?
* Our in-home after-school academic program with 23 university students employed as tutors.
* With our Financial Literacy Education and Coaching programs.
* By participating in creative and performing arts programs such as theater, radio, and television.
* By the creation and facilitation of our latest unique program - V.I.P., Vocational Instruction Program.
Why do we do these program?
* 70% of prisoners in federal and state penitentiary are former foster kids.
* The largest population of homeless teens and young adults are former foster kids.
* Nearly 50% of american adults living on food stamps are former foster kids.
* Upon exiting the foster care system at the age of 18, 46% do not have high school diplomas,
* 76% of foster kids have drug addicted birth parents
* 68% of foster kids are either diabetic or pre-diabetic.
* Of the 8 million youths afflicted with eating disorders, a large percentage are former foster kids.