OUR TEAM OF RUNNERS IS PUTTING THEIR BEST FEET FORWARD TO GET US CLOSER TO OUR GOAL OF A NEW HOME WHERE WE CAN CONTINUE TO BUILD BETTER STORIES FOR KANSAS CITY. PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING THIS DREAM TEAM AS THEY RUN IN ONE OF THE KANSAS CITY MARATHON RACES ON BEHALF OF LITERACY KC!
RACE DAY IS OCTOBER 20, 2018. COME OUT AND CHEER US ON!
There could not be a more exciting time at Literacy KC. We're moving! And this strategic relocation into Operation Breakthrough's expansion building at 31st and Troost will allow us to continue to change even more lives through literacy. Our innovative suite of inter-working programs address multidimensional aspects of modern day literacy, and provide logical, effective resources to families to improve literacy skills and enhance quality of life.
For the first time in the 32 year history of Literacy KC, we have launched our $2,100,000 Building Better Stories campaign, a relocation and capacity building effort that will allow us to annually:
· enroll 70 additional students in our Ticket to Read basic literacy program, increasing enrollment from 400 to 470
· serve 120 additional families through Let’s Read, our family reading program, increasing participation from 350 to 470 families, as well as offer dedicated Let's Read space under our own roof for the first time
· educate 100 new students through the launch of Entry to English, our first English Language Learners program
· reach 100 new students through the launch of our first High School Equivalency preparatory program
· award 25 additional diplomas and career certificates through Career Online High School, for a total of 75 scholarships
With the increased space achieved through this campaign and the growth potential of each of our programs, Literacy KC will expand our numbers served by 60% on-site in the next three years. This growth will coincide with, and support, additional growth through continued service delivery at partner sites throughout the metro area, and will be achieved with only a 40% annual budget increase.
Thank you for your support!