The Katie Oppo Research Fund (KORF) invites you to exercise in support of Ovarian Cancer research and patients in need, from June 19th to June 28th!
We have transformed our annual fun run/walk into a digital event in light of the COVID-19 public health crisis. This will allow anyone, anywhere, to participate on their own time and in the manner they choose. From running in the park to walking your dog or taking that challenging class on your stationary bike, the choice is yours!
Simply follow these easy steps:
1. JOIN the event and create your own personal fundraising page.
2. SHARE your page with your friends and family (or anyone that will be willing to support you, and us) and help us support women battling ovarian cancer.
3. EXERCISE on your own time, anywhere in honor of Team Katie Oppo.
4. TAG US & POST your selfies and pictures before, during or after your exercise routine. Find us on Facebook and Instagram: @teamkatieoppo and be sure to include the hashtag, #RunForKatie so we can share your photos and build community.
5. REPRESENT US by wearing our signature lavender and teal colors, a t-shirt from one of our previous events or go to www.teamkatieoppo.org to purchase our #TeamKatieOppo athletic wear or masks.
By supporting our #RunForKatie this year, your contributions will directly support:
OvarCare Patient Assistance Program– This program, established by the nonprofit OvarCome, currently provides financial support, money for gas and groceries, and counseling services for women who are actively in treatment for Ovarian cancer during COVID-19.
Ovarian Cancer Research at Cold Spring Harbor labs - Dr. Mikala Egeblad and her team of researchers have recently had very promising outcomes regarding inflammation as a driver for ovarian cancer. Additionally, she believes there is a link to inflammation’s role in serious complications in COVID patients.