In Support of
Clean Ocean Action
Clean Ocean Action is a leading national and regional voice working to protect waterways using science, law, research, education, and citizen action.
Our successful campaigns:
- Improve programs and laws that protect public health at swimming beaches.
- Reduce plastics and litter that pollute waterways, spoil beautiful beaches, and harm or kill marine life including turtles, whales, seals, birds, and fish.
- Protect coasts from oil and gas drilling in the ocean, including Maine to Florida.
- Establish the nation’s first Clean Ocean Zone to start a national chain reaction for all coasts.
- Reduce toxins in waterways to ensure fish and shellfish are free of pollution and safe to eat.
- Educate and motivate citizens from the small to the tall.
Clean Ocean Action (COA) is a broad-based coalition of 125 active boating, business, community, conservation, diving, environmental, fishing, religious, service, student, surfing, and women’s groups. These “Ocean Wavemakers” work to clean up and protect the waters of the New York Bight. The groups came together in 1984 to investigate sources, effects, and solutions of ocean pollution. What follows is a description of the network.