The Bridge strives to care and advocate for Storm Lake youth in vulnerable places of life by meeting them where they are, building a supportive community there, and providing training toward a more hope-filled future.
WHY DO WE RAISE THESE FUNDS? The Bridge Summer Youth Program has been impacting young lives since 2010! Your contributions help make it possible again in 2019.Here’s what our Summer Youth Program* includes – and what your donation directly covers:
- A full-time Summer team with members from AmeriCorps VISTA, RefugeeRise AmeriCorps, and Tyson who serve with the purpose of “reducing summer learning loss” for area youth.
- Supplies for all camping trips – for Middle School Youth and High School Rewards Trips
- Activity and food supplies for Neighborhood Centers and BridgeKIDS (elementary students) program at The Bridge
- Transportation costs for The Bridge bus and 2 vans which will make possible training at Cultivate Garden, Summer Camps, Neighborhood Center events, weekly Bible studies, daily lunch program, and Summer Team activities
- Food and supplies for Neighborhood Nights – cook-outs throughout Storm Lake in which neighborhoods can come together and build a stronger sense of community
*Each day for 8 weeks, our Summer Team of AmeriCorps VISTAS, RefugeeRise AmeriCorps, Tyson members and volunteers engage youth of all ages. They organize enriching activities, visit the library, work together in The Bridge’s Cultivate Training Garden, provide a CSA Program, read lots of books together, and build positive relationships with these young people. They work to build supportive communities through Neighborhood Nights and interaction with parents and neighborhoods.The Summer Youth Program helps youth build valuable life skills and meet educational goals. The youth gain confidence and work ethic and new friendships. And, along the way, they come to understand more fully that they are loved by God through the positive role models and adults at The Bridge. That’s our goal.The funds raised from this race will make this summer another life-changing one for youth and our Summer Team at The Bridge. Will you help make it possible?
Do you want to run for a cause and help raise funds doing it? Team Bridge is for you! We are a group of people who do personal fundraisers for The Bridge of Storm Lake. This can happen through pre-designed letters we send out, Facebook Fundraisers, and/or personally talking with people you know who may want to give financially for the youth programs. If you’re interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org