Help us support our youth and our community during this time of need.
In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, many of us are facing challenges as we adjust to a new way of life. For R.O.C.K., that means addressing the immediate needs of our students and families—many of whom are struggling to make ends meet during this uncertain time. As an organization, we are dedicated to providing quality services that will aid our youth, our partner schools, and the larger community of Visitacion Valley as we navigate the current situation.
With the closure of all San Francisco Unified School District schools through the end of the school year, there is plenty of work for our team to do. At this time, we have been able to offer 100% of our employees 100% of their contracted hours through the end of the school year. Our work, in partnership with all public schools in Visitacion Valley, consists of activities that directly serve our community as well as tasks to build R.O.C.K.’s capacity:
- Direct Service – Distributing food to those in need, assisting school teachers with virtual support of students, providing virtual literacy and tutoring support, creating virtual enrichment activities for students, etc.
- Capacity Building – Building our lesson plan library for future classes, enhancing our processes and procedures to create organizational efficiencies, conducting virtual trainings to increase knowledge of our staff, etc.
During this unprecedented time, we ask that you consider making a donation so that we can continue to do what we do best: provide quality services for Visitacion Valley's most vulnerable children and families. Your gift will help us continue to support our youth, our schools, our staff, and our community.
Additionally, you may have read about the CARES Act for COVID-19 relief and how it impacts charitable giving.
The CARES Act offers a generous new tax benefit for individuals like you to help support the mission of R.O.C.K. Here's what you need to know:
- The CARES Act includes a new $300 'nonitemizer' tax deduction for 2020.
- All eligible donations made in 2020 will go toward this deduction, up to $300 in total.
- You are eligible for this deduction even if you do not itemize your taxes.
- This means that when you donate to R.O.C.K., you will be eligible to receive a tax break of up to $300 in addition to the standard deduction.
Thank you for supporting R.O.C.K.'s mission during these difficult circumstances. We're all in this together, and we'll get through this together.