The Sea of Pink has Gone Virtual This Year!
Even though the 3-Day Stand up for the Cure Virtual event is over, the ROAR Warriors Standup for the Cure Campaign is continuing to raise donations for the cause by offering five Mindfulness and Movement workshops.
Please join us in participating and sharing the event information so we can help reach our fundraising goal for breast cancer research and screenings.
Register for the workshops via the Eventbrite links below, and donate accordingly. You will receive a Zoom Meeting invitation for each workshop you register for once you have joined the ROAR Warriors Team and made your donation!
Suggested Donations for Workshops are as follows:
Single Workshop: $25 - 50
3 Workshops: $65 - $130
5 Workshops: $95 - $190
Debra Stafford, Founder/CEO of ROAR Care, and a SUFTC Survivor-Ambassador, is giving back to our 'Ohana by offering ROAR Mindfulness and Movement Workshops to raise money to Keep SUFTC Afloat!
The ROAR Care Workshops offer you an opportunity to create 'ohana/community through healthy activity, mindfulness, and self-care.
Once you have made your donation, register for the classes using the eventbrite links below. There is no additional charge for the classes, only the donation you make to Standup for the Cure.
The ROAR Care Mindfulness and Movement Workshop Schedule:
1. Saturday, September 12th at 10am: Envisioning Life After... Workshophttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/envisioning-life-after-guided-meditation-and-journaling-workshop-tickets-118704703965
2. Sunday, September 13th at 9:30am: Qigong: Mindful Breathwork and Movement
3. Saturday, September 19th at 11am: Crystal Singing Bowl Guided Meditation
4. Sunday, September 20th at 9:30am: Pilates
5. Saturday, September 26th at 10am: Bonding with your Pet through Healing Touch and Movement
Here is what Standup for the Cure says about Virtually Standing up for the Cure:
How Do I Virtually Standup?
Here are some ideas and guidelines on how you can participate in the virtual event:
1. STANDUP YOUR WAY: Practice yoga, paddle (canoe, kayak, SUP, paddleboard), dance, hike, run, walk, or some other wellness activities - and take pictures!#2020virtualSUFTC#SUFTC#keepstandupafloat
2. POST PICTURES, UPDATES, STORIES DURING THE 3-DAY EVENTPost on social media with the event hashtags and tag Standup for the Cure:If you post on Facebook or Instagram, tag @standupforthecureIf you post on Twitter, tag @standup4thecureUse the hashtags #2020virtualSUFTC #SUFTC #keepstandupafloat
To complete registration for this workshop and receive the Zoom Meeting Invitation, please visit:
1. https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/roar-warriors1/debrastafford2 and register to fundraise as part of the ROAR Warriors Team. Make a donation based on the number of workshops you wish to attend.
2. Register for the workshops via the Eventbrite links found on the above.
3. You will receive a Zoom Meeting invitation email for each workshop you register for once you have made your donation to the SUFTC ROAR Warriors team!
Getting through cancer treatment is just the beginning of the journey. After treatment is over, survivors arrive at the end of treatment wondering, "What now?" Their life, body, and sense of self has often radically changed after cancer treatment.
At ROAR Care (Reclaiming Ourselves After Recovery from cancer), our vision is to give every cancer survivor the tools to create a life they love.
ROAR Survivorship provides activities-based support, providing self-care tools, healthy living classes, mindfulness and movement classes. Join the ROAR Survivorship Community and Build a Life You Love.
ROAR Access Wellness provides education and affordable access to the complementary therapies that provide relief from side-effects of treatment and improve quality of life.
ROAR Legacies is a program dedicated to continuing the important work of those stolen from the world too soon by cancer. The first ROAR Legacy is the Diana McCarty Animal-Assisted & Pet Therapy Program. Dogtor Bob and handler Debra Stafford bring comfort and assistance to children (and their families) faced with an oncology or neurology diagnosis.
ROAR Advocacy League is the training ground for future cancer patient advocates.