Ripples of Hope Family Service Journey
This coming June 23 - July 1, 2020, Ripples of Hope will lead a powerful Family Service Learning Journey to Johannesburg and Cape Town South Africa. Families will experience the rich culture and history of the nation while building connections with our local non-profit partners at City Year South Africa, Kliptown Youth Program, Nkosi’s Haven and Uthando.
Custom designed service days will include both physical and human service programming such as:
- Working side by side with children at local schools and community centers in Johannesburg, Soweto and Cape Town
- Connecting with families in Soweto together in service and sharing stories
- Painting, building gardens, house and building refurbishing
- Fun and educational activities for kids - reading, storytelling and spending time with local residents who want to connect and share with others
- Songwriting, Art and Photo journaling workshops
All funds raised will directly fund the purchase of service program supplies and materials, non-profit partner honorariums, and need based scholarships for travelers.
Your involvement is critical to our success. No amount is too small and every donation is appreciated. Thank you again for your help.
Ripples of Hope is a registered non-profit which organizes and facilitates local and global service journeys for families to engage in projects, which empower local communities. The goal is for families to experience life in a community different from their own and to partner with families from different cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
To learn more about Ripples of Hope visit us at www.ripplesofhope.org.