Join us the month of November to raise awareness for the benefits of cycling and funding toward programs that work to keep our older residents healthy within COAST.
A Virtual Riding 4 Wellness!
Last winter, the Council on Aging announced an event to raise awareness of the benefits of cycling for older adults, and Riding4Wellness was going to take place again along the Tammany Trace last March 28th.
But in the months since, what with the stay at home orders and the need for continued social distancing, cycling has become very popular, and COAST wants to make the most of it.
As a result, COAST is giving all new and older cyclists an opportunity to challenge themselves while getting healthy and having fun at a virtual Riding4Wellness event taking place during the month of November.
We are Council on Aging after all!
COAST and all of our members throughout our 7 activity centers, like many charities around the world, had to rethink how we could raise money in a time when large community fundraising events are not an option.
You can register individually and ride for wellness on Your OWN Time. Proceeds from your registration will benefit Council on Aging St. Tammany Parish towards programs that work to keep our older residents healthy. With your help we hope to raise much needed funds for our St. Tammany Parish residents aged 60 & older.
We need your help to make this happen. Participation is easy for riders of all ages and abilities!
2. Recruit your friends and family to cycle!!
3. Join our Cycling Club on STRAVA: https://www.strava.com/clubs/riding4wellness
4. Start recording your miles on November 1st until November 30th
5. Rides can be taken at any time, on any days, that individual riders choose
6. Take pictures and share them with us! Email: JMorgan@coastseniors.org or post them with your ride uploads on STRAVA
7. Ride anywhere from 5-500 miles but challenge yourself for some prizes & for extra wellness! - Complete 60 miles to receive a COAST water bottle and 120 miles to receive a COAST T-Shirt!
8. Know YOU are raising awareness for the health benefits of cycling and doing GOOD for our COAST community!