RED WOLF COALITION wrote:
RED WOLF COALITION: Teaching people about America's red wolf. Advocating for red wolf survival in the wild.
The red wolf is special. This unique species evolved in America and was the Southeast's top predator for thousands of years before settlers from Europe arrived on the continent.
The Red Wolf Coalition is the only conservation organization whose mission focuses exclusively on saving America's few remaining wild red wolves from extinction, and on engaging the public in becoming stewards of these critically endangered animals.
Only a handful of red wolves now live in the wild in northeastern North Carolina. Your support of our vital work as conservation leaders for this imperiled species is critical.
HOW WILL YOUR DONATIONS HELP RED WOLVES?
Your gifts will provide funds. . .
· for purchasing and installing state-of-the-art technology to enhance our free long-distance learning programs for classrooms and community groups throughout the United States.
· for scholarships to college-bound students in rural northeastern NC where the Red Wolf Coalition is based.
· to help us expand our efforts to assist the Red Wolf Species Survival Captive Breeding Plan zoos and wildlife centers with their education programs.
· to refurbish our Discovery Boxes with artifacts for use in classrooms with students of all ages.
· to support our efforts to work with local landowners in the red wolf recovery region and to work with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to grow the wild population of red wolves.
Our promise to America's red wolf is that this iconic native species will retain its rightful place on the landscape and that its legacy will not be lost forever. PLEASE help us fulfill that promise.
Photos by Robert Wilcox and Greg Dodge.
Video by Emily Lozen. Museum of Life and Science, Durham, NC