At Reach Out and Read Minnesota, we know the importance of reading aloud with children, starting at birth. We leverage the power of medical providers at 258 clinics around Minnesota to reach over 140,000 children--over 40% of all of the children in Minnesota--with this important intervention. Join us in our first year of partnership with Grandma's Marathon as we raise important funds to serve even more children and families in the years ahead. Reach Out and Read gives young children a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric care and encouraging families to read aloud together. The best time to shape a child’s future is in the first five years, a critical window of rapid brain development that does not occur at any other time. Children who hear fewer words during early childhood start school developmentally behind their peers, and may never catch up. With unparalleled access to families with young children, Reach Out and Read medical providers give books to children at well-child visits from infancy until they start school. More importantly, they encourage families to read aloud and engage with their infants, toddlers and preschoolers every day.
We have a limited number of marathon and half-marathon registrations for runners who commit to raising $1,000 for Reach Out and Read Minnesota before May 1, 2019. Runners will receive a Reach Out and Read Minnesota race shirt, a ticket to the spaghetti dinner the evening before the race, fundraising support and recognition.
Thanks in advance for your consideration!
How to become a charity runner:
1) Sign up by contacting the charity of your choice via their CrowdRise page.
2) The charity will contact you via the information you provided (please include your full name, email, and phone number) and the charity will send you their fundraising guidelines to review.
3) Agree to fundraising commitment and begin fundraising to earn your guaranteed entry—don’t wait until the last second!
4) Earn your Grandma’s Marathon race weekend registration code.
5) Officially register to run using the link below and provided code by your charity