I'm inviting you to join me in supporting the Young Women of Grace® "Catholic Girls Change the World" campaign this Giving Tuesday.
It is a program I believe in because I give my time to the organization and have personally witnessed its impact.
Did you know that... 80% of those who leave the Catholic faith do so by the age of 23. Only 17% percent of millennial women attend Mass at least once a week. These are scary statistics, and we need to do something about it! Together, we are helping young girls to change the world.
Young Women of Grace® was developed two years ago to introduce young women to Catholic Church teaching about their dignity and vocation as women, and how to use their feminine genius to become leaders and evangelizers in our day and time.
We are so thankful for all of your help in this life-changing outreach.
This program is more important than ever! Young women are suffering record levels of low self-esteem, and many are losing their faith. We believe that girls who understand their unique God-given gifts and personal mission in the context of Catholic teaching, the sacraments, prayer, friendship, and sharing are more likely to live their faith throughout their early years and into adulthood.
Our aim is to ensure that the future leaders of our Church will be disciples who can cooperate in our mission to "transform the world one woman at a time by affirming women in their dignity and vocation as daughters of God and in their gift of authentic femininity through ongoing spiritual formation."
We truly believe that transformed girls and women can change the world in one generation.
This Giving Tuesday, will you help us reach our Catholic girls? What is Our Impact?
Here are what people are saying about our program in 2018:
* "The Young Women of Grace retreat was an absolutely phenomenal experience...Getting to know all of the girls, while diving more deeply into our faith together, was truly something special. We all left the retreat knowing our 'true' dignity and worth as young women, and the role that we are called to play in our modern times. If every middle school, high school, and youth group participated in this study, I have no doubt that our world would not be as broken as it is today. The Young Women of Grace program is something so powerful that words cannot describe it, and the Holy Spirit has His hands all over it." - Alicia Winters, 18, Young Women of Grace, Spirit Savvy Retreat Participant ------ "
* I have learned so many new things and feel I have grown in my faith." "This program has given me time for God. I am most grateful my Mom signed me up for this program!"
* "I enjoyed the program this past year because we got to learn more about ourselves and build a better relationship with God."
* "[Young Women of Grace] has brought me closer to my friends and more importantly, God."
* "My experience here has taught me about how I should trust Jesus [and] how to act as a young teen." - Young Women of Grace Program Participants, Our Lady of Fatima, Lafayette, LA ------
* "Women of Grace changed my life... One year later, I'm enjoying facilitating Young Women of Grace®. I feel as though I am doing something to educate the girls in the truth of the Catholic Church and life. I couldn't let this generation of girls go into Junior/Senior High and beyond unarmed about the ways of the world and the 'culture of death' we live in." - Christine Adelizzi, Young Women of Grace Facilitator, Allentown, PA ------
Where do we go from here?
We continue to seek feedback from participants and facilitators on how to make Young Women of Grace® more relevant and effective. In order to make needed improvements to the study, we have identified the following needs for 2019:
* Mentor new facilitators and programs via hands-on training with development team members
* Develop a quarterly newsletter which will highlight creative teaching ideas, news about what other groups are doing, tips from facilitators, surveys, etc
* Continue to develop retreats for young women * Package retreats for wider distribution, i.e., in dioceses, youth ministries, etc
* Engage retreat attendees as leaders in their communities for future studies and local retreats.
* Offer Young Women of Grace retreats at all Women of Grace events and seek additional locations
* Update Young Women of Grace marketing materials and website ...And much more! I am inviting you to join me in our Giving Tuesday "Catholic Girls Change the World" campaign. You can help by: * Making a donation * Joining my team
* Sharing on social media. Please be sure to use our hashtags: #youngwomenofgrace #givingtuesday #catholicgirlschangetheworld #givecatholic
This Giving Tuesday, please help us to continue to reach young girls with the message of their authentic feminine vocation through your prayers and gifts of support. Our goal is to raise $30,000 by November 27th. My personal goal is $5,000. Thank you for your support!