Raise Your Glass for Eyeglasses


Event Details
Raise Your Glass for Eyeglasses

Raise your Glass for Eyeglasses is an event to raise money strictly for the purchase of eye exams and eyeglasses for needy students. Not one dime is spent on administrative expenses. 100% of the funds raised are used to buy eye exams and eyeglasses. Please join us and help us give more students trying to better themselves through education the gift of good vision.


Date: March 23, 2020 6:00pm-8:00pm

Tickets: $50.00

Location: Night Shift Brewing 1 Lovejoy Wharf #101, Boston, MA 02114

See More See Less
When
Monday March 23rd
6:oo pm
Where
Night Shift Brewing - Lovejoy Wharf, Lovejoy Wharf, Boston, MA, USA
1 Lovejoy Wharf #101, Boston, MA 02114, USA

Our Story

Vision Coalition's mission is “to remove poor vision as an impediment to learning, literacy and a better way of life”. For us, it is not enough to discover someone with a vision problem.  Vision Coalition feels compelled to get people the eye care they need to maximize their vision potential. 

The Vision Coalition knows from our own experience that: only about 18% of students failing their vision screenings get the follow-up eye care they need. The other 82% are going to school without the vision they need to succeed. The problem isn’t that the student doesn’t know that he or she has a vision problem. The problem isn’t that the student’s parents don’t know their child has a problem. This problem exists because the follow through of getting the child to the eyecare professional just doesn’t happen.

The Vision Coalition knows how to solve this follow through problem. We form a coalition with the schoolteachers and social workers that see this student on a regular basis. With their help, we are able to get the student to the eyecare professional. The Vision Coalition pays for the eye exam and eyeglasses (sometimes two pairs so that one pair stays at school). Problem solved.

A donation of $50 will help us pay for an eye exam and a pair of eyeglasses for a student in need. We have been spending thousands of dollars a year for over twenty years in communities like Boston, Lowell, Lawrence,and Lynn, getting students the eyecare they need. You can help.  Join the Vision Coalition by buying a ticket to the "Raise your Glass for Eyeglasses" Event today.  100% of your donation will be spent on the cost of an eye exam and eyeglasses. 

Vision Coalition, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our Employer Identification number is 04-6139908.

Date: March 23, 2020 6:00pm-8:00pm 

Tickets: $50.00

Location: Night Shift Brewing 1 Lovejoy Wharf #101, Boston, MA 02114  

Posted by Vision Coalition Inc (Ma Affil-Prevent Blindness Massachu)





Leaderboard