Hello, dear friends!
This year for my birthday instead of a party or gifts, I would like to request gifts to Mental Health America of Roanoke Valley (MHARV) through my team for the Walk for Mental Health - Rachel's Birthday Babes!
Please consider support for this organization that does so much good in the greater Roanoke Valley.
In the past three years, MHARV has:
* served over 200 unduplicated patients via the Collaborative Clinic (the only free psychiatric clinic in the state of Virginia!);
*provided over 800 medication management appointments via the Collaborative Clinic;
* provided over 1,000 counseling sessions via the clinic;
* provided over 2,500 psychiatric medications free of charge to patients via the clinic;
* MHARV's Super Hero Kids program has provided therapeutic activities to nearly 60 youth who are survivors of domestic violence over the past three years;
* and over 300 local law enforcement officers have received Crisis Intervention and deescalation training during this time period.
If you'd like to celebrate my birthday with me, please consider joining my Walk for Mental Health team and support the great work that MHARV is doing for our community!