Between Friends has a very special place in my heart. As a family law attorney, I encounter surviors of domestic violence daily. It is my goal to help them not only through their legal issues, but also in their growth to overcome this and never allow it to happen again. I regularly refer my clients to the assistance of Between Friends and I have seen the positive effects in my clients lives. This is exactly why I became involved with the Agency. As Vice-President of the Board, I assist Between Friends and drive forward its mission and programming. This is my way of giving back to an organization that provides a light in the lives of so many individuals, including my clients. I hope that you join me this month and donate to Between Friends. Without our financial assistance Between Friends would not be able to provide the Free social services that so many victims need.
Here is some additional information on Between Friends:
For over 30 years, Between Friends has worked to eliminate domestic violence throughout Chicagoland. We're dedicated to breaking the cycle of domestic violence and building a community free of abuse.
This October, Between Friends is marking Domestic Violence Awareness Month by raising funds to support our services to domestic violence survivors and to educate the public about relationship violence and sexual violence. We're building on the legacy of Allstate’s Purple Purse Challenge by launching our own fundraising effort, PURPLE PURPOSE.
Your donation will support critical agency efforts including:
- Individual, group, and family counseling, offered in four languages;
- Economic empowerment education to assist survivors in supporting themselves and their families;
- Childcare for survivors during counseling and education classes;
- English and Spanish-speaking court advocates who explain legal rights, accompany clients to court, and help with Orders of Protection;
- A 24-hour crisis line (1-800-603-4357);
- The largest teen dating violence prevention and education program in Illinois;
- Education and training for a range of community organizations and healthcare professionals;
- Our Music My Body, a collaborative effort to reduce relationship and sexual violence at music venues;
- A range of support services for survivors, including emotional support, resources, safety planning, and safe, healing social outings.
Domestic violence, financial abuse, and all forms of relationship violence are ongoing problems that affect millions of people every year -- people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, and racial and economic backgrounds. By supporting the Purple Purpose campaign, you will ensure that Between Friends can continue to help survivors heal and to educate the public!
For more information about our programs and services, please visit our website at www.betweenfriendschicago.org.