PULSE has decided to expand our flagship program in the East End and Northside to South Pittsburgh. In August, we will welcome additional participants to multiple houses and create a “South Cohort”.
We look forward to our move to the South and the ways that we can give back to young adults, nonprofitsand South neighborhoods and residents. As we impact the lives of more people and organizations, we are faced with additional expenses.
Would you please join us in “SOUTH: LOOKING FORWARD AND GIVING BACK” with a gift of support toward our goal of raising $35,000 to support this next phase of PULSE?
We will wecome young adults to “cultivate a larger community of young servant leaders to transform Pittsburgh”. The total cost of this expansion is about $350,000. We are looking for individuals and organizations to raise 10% of our total amount. Some goals and plans for this next phase of expansion in PULSE are:
- Invite talented university university graduates and contribute 50,000 hours of service to the city and its residents
- Reclaim vacant land next to our properties into community space (community garden, outdoor theater, music playground, aquaponics, bioshelter, little free library, etc. dependent on neighborhood needs and interests)
- Utilize additional rooms and spaces in house for special projects and/or internal/external community building (i.e., yoga studio, tutoring center, food bank, etc.)
- Drastically reduce or eliminate stormwater runoff using rain gardens, rain barrels, and/or a cistern.
- Create special projects and/or internal/external community building (similar to Beatty Bike Co-op) (i.e., woodshop, welding studio, tool lending library, etc.)
- Listen, Learn and Love (A Lot)
All money raised will go to our program. Nothing will go toward adminstration, staffing, renovations, etc. from this campaign.