Sacramento Resources Community Foundation, Inc (SRCF)
Set forth by the Sacramento Resources Community Foundation, Inc: is a mission to educate, enrich, encourage and empower our local youth that are aging out of the foster care system. Our first step in doing so is by addressing health and safety concerns, educational deficiencies, and the emergence of job training programs. We want to alleviate homelessness and human trafficking, along with incarcerarion and early pregnancies.
Youth aging out of foster care normally face multiple disadvantages in terms of educational attainment, employment outcomes, housing, financial stability, and life skills compared with other children within the general population. A successful transition to adulthood is associated with responsible decision-making, parental support, and community levels. This also leads to more positive outcomes in various dimensions such as general health, social support, life satisfaction, and financial health. Although this transitional time period is challenging for almost every child and adolescent, it is even more difficult for young people without sufficient social and economical resources.
"Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope." ~Martin Luther King Jr.~
● 23,000+ children will age out of the foster care system every year.
● Only half of the individuals that age out of the system will have success in gainful employment by age 24.
● Within four years of aging out, 50% have no earnings, leading to homelessness and impacting unemployment rates.
● By age 26, only three to four percent of youth who age out of foster care earn a college degree.
● 20 percent of foster youth will become homeless the day they age out.
● Every year about 4,000 youth age out of care in California. According toWalden Family Services, 65% leave foster care at age 18 with no place to call home.
There are many ways you can help make a lasting difference for the community. Whether you are an individual or an organization, you can help significantly to ensure the youth have a bright future with many opportunities.
Uplifting our youth is a crucial part of this project as we want these individuals to learn, B.E.T. on themselves, and achieve self-sufficiency with guidance from SRCF. With your help and other resources, we hope to help as many individuals as possible. Our objective is simple; "To do our part in the world by helping those who just don't have the means to help themselves." Please consider making a donation so that we can make our objective a reality.