Knowledge-First International Academy is partnering with ReFocus Africa Leadership Network to assist development of educational channels on the African Continent.
We need partners with a passion and love to empower the future. We appreciate donations of books, backpacks, food, mats, tablets, projectors, toys and funds for these needs. Our first project is to empower the Julie Daycare Center in Tanzania.
PRESENT SITUATION OF THE JULIE DAYCARE CENTRE.
It is located in one of the poorest neighborhoods in Dar Es Salaam and operates in a 10×10 square feet room within a church premises donated by the church.
2) It presently has 25 registered and 18 unregistered children in its care.
3) They have no access to toilets and bathrooms and the children usually go outside the premises to urinate in the open.
4) The Daycare Centre is FREE but it requires a contribution of $5 monthly to purchase chalks, detergents for cleaning, bread and water for the kids during lunch, maintain black boards and etc.
5) The teachers are working on a volunteer basis and the center accepts all students regardless of religious or denominational backgrounds.
6) Presently the centre has exceeded its capacity but there are lots of requests from parents who cannot afford to send their kids to the more expensive daycare centres within the city.
7) They have absolutely no facilities, resources or a conducive environment to take care of these kids but they have a large heart and passion to make a difference in the community. reFocus Africa believes that with your support, donations and encouragements we can change their story and give these kids a good foundation to aspire for greatness and success in life.
1) The relocation of the Julie Daycare Centre from a single room to a 5 bedroom property that can accommodate 100 kids. The kids can be assigned classes according to the age groups. The annual lease of the property is $30,000.
2) The complete renovation and refurbishment of the property to a modernized and child friendly learning environment offering schorlaship to a minimum of 50 children per term. The total cost for the renovation and refurbishment is $10,000.
3) Scholarship to 30 kids whose parents cannot afford the $5 monthly tuition fee.
4) 90 percent of these kids have never held a child tablet or touched a computer screen before. We plan to introduce educational games to these kids to fast track their learning and also bring them at par with peers in more sophisticated daycare centres across the city. Your donations of Android tablets will be utilized as an e-learning resource for the kids.
5) We will distribute your donations of toys, shoes, clothes and bags to the kids and donated books will be used to create a library.
6) List of items requested: 100 Android tablets, 100 children mats/beds back packs/school bags, Toys and children books. We hope to complete this project by 30th December 2020, and have it commissioned in January, 2021 the new academic session. We plan to update you with live videos on all our social media channels on the respective stages of the project.
Kindly follow us to get notifications and updates.
Facebook: Refocus Africa @refocusafrica01