We're teaching everyday people to reognize and take positive action to prevent suicide through our HOPE. KNOW. GROW. SHOW. campaign for Suicide Prevention Month! Here's how it works:
HOPE—Let people know they're not alone by sharing lived-experience stories.
KNOW—Give information to help education people about suicide prevention.
GROW—Provide resources that build resiliance and connect with community.
SHOW—Encourage people to take positive action to spread the hope.
Through programs, like our flagship evidence-driven Ally Training, SPEAK Events, Workplace Mental Health Workshop, You(th) Matter Presentation and Trauma-Aware Interactions, we empower individuals to practice self-care, engage in peer support and take positive action to prevent suicide. Our online training is free to anyone (youth, parents, teachers, first responders, etc.), but we need your help sharing it with the world. Please support our work by donating or joining our fundraising team.
Thank you for your generosity!
Our mission is to ensure that no one faces suicide and mental health challenges alone. We envision a world without shame or discrimination mental health, brain disease, behavioral disorders, trauma, suicide and addiction with universal access to mental health education, support and resources.
OUR CORE VALUES
We encourage you to uphold these core values of personal responsibility, community and advocacy.:
- Every person has a responsibility for their own mental health.
- No one should feel alone in their mental health journey.
- A person is not defined by their diagnosis and should be treated as an individual.
- It's important to speak up when you need support or see someone who does.
- Non-stigmatizing, respectful language is essential in communicating about mental health.
- Everyone deserves equal access to the care they need.