100% OF DONATIONS WILL PAY FOR MASKS AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES FOR ESSENTIAL WORKERS.
All of your donations are tax deductible Ein: 46-4440235 .
It's May 2020 and healthcare workers are still in a shortage of medical masks!
*** EDIT: There is no shortage. Reseller prices are simply high and we've begun to target smaller organizations.
As Covid-19 continue to claim lives, our healthcare friends and family are at a higher risk of exposure to the virus. Despite it being May and some states are resuming business operations, our needs assessment revealed that in Los Angeles, many health care workers STILL do not have adequate medical equipment (mainly masks).
In addition to large hospitals, there are smaller clinics, nursing homes, transitional housing, non-profit health care workers, and retirement communities who do not have access to any protective equipment due to high resale costs. The World Health Organizationreports prices of PPE have surged due to the demand, with many distributers price gounging or not handling smaller contracts for local clinics and smaller organizations.
This is an access issue. Smaller organizations and individuals do not have access to protective gear. Despite many masks being in the United States, they are being picked up by resellers and large contracts. We will deliver until there's a readily supply that isn't marked up by resellers.
· We started with $500 seed money , inspected for the quality, and begun deliveries today. We need your partnership.
· We’ve sourced over 300,000 PPE masks that are at a no-profit/ no mark up cost. These masks are in LA and are ready to be dropped off the following day.
· We have a growing list of organizations we are communicating with in Pasadena, Long Beach, Hollywood, and San Gabriel. We are targeting health care departments with the greatest needs (ER, Respiratory therapists, Smaller Clinics, Nursing homes, homeless Shelters, Non-profits).
· We're working on other PPE hospitals have shared such as gowns and gloves.
· We want to give access to low cost PPE until it becomes widely available. Currently, the masks are being bought by resalers and being resold.
Masks Surgical + KN95
The price we've negotiated are:
3 ply surgical mask $.55
KN95 masks $2.65.
*let us know if you have a supply cheaper that is IN Los Angeles and ready to go.
· Also, if you know any smaller hospitals/clinics who don't have access to a distributer, we can link them up.
Please support our friends and families in the frontlines.
· If you're a small organization or even individual that needs access to medical equipment for at cost prices, please contact us. Everyone needs to be protected.
· If you prefer to donate via paypal, you can send a donation of any amount to email@example.com .
· If you want to volunteer by dropping off deliveries or reach out to hospitals, please contact us.
Prior to reaching out to Edwin, Will secured PPE masks to help small clinics and organizations gain access to inventory and not have to pay marked up prices.
Will Tong is a real estate agent in Los Angeles and Edwin Yau is a social worker who created One Up Project for community projects like this. Edwin and Will met 10 years ago as scavenger hunt opponents.