We are Powerful Beyond COVID!
Help us stay committed to helping youth feel empowered, engaged and educated (outside of school) through and beyond this COVID crisis. We need you!
Powerful Beyond Measure provides teens and pre-teens with year-round enrichment, arts and inclusive programming . And now, we have quickly converted to virtual programming. We want adolescents to still feel connected, gain skills and exposure, and maintain some sense of normal life through growth and future building. See how we have continued our programming below!
March is usually our biggest fundraising month, as we participate in our annual fundraiser, Month of Giving - and we lost access to $25k+ in funding. For a small, grassroots non-profit - this impacts how we opearte for the entire year.
And while fundraising has come to a standstill and we lack other funds coming in, we won't stop. We still hold weekly/weekday programming and we have prepared CARE boxes to our members with items to supplement our programming (cooking supplies, books. exercise items, journals, snacks, etc.)
Our virtual programming currently includes:
- Cooking with CAPE (A series led by professional chefs for youth to gain skills in the kitchen, learn about nutrition and make meals at home)
- Exploring Possibilities (virtual career days open to youth nationwide to inspire them to learn about careers or fields that may not know exist or how to pursue, with presentations and interactions with related professionals)
- Entreprenuerhip (While the kids are inside and may miss summer employment, they can be creative and productive by learning how to start a business and even starting one
- CAPE Feeds DC (even in the midst of the crisis, we believe in giving back. We provided free lunch for various families and we will be working to facilitate lunches for essential workers)
- Fitness Fun (weekly workout sessions to keep their minds and bodies healthy)
- Book Club (we will send books to have literary fun and discuss in a Zoom sessions)
- Girls Night/Boys Night (A night to talk, exchange thoughts and socialize with the peers and group leaders)
- And more
Your money directly helps us to provide CARE boxes to families so they don't have to go out and purchase supplies to participate. It also helps us keep going through 2020, as we strive to operate against a loss of funding.
Thank you all!