At The Alliance for Positive Change, we make sure people facing HIV/AIDS, chronic health conditions, and substance use disorder can take positive steps so they can feel better, live better, and do better.
Many of the people who come to the Alliance (formerly known as AIDS Service Center NYC) for help are struggling with homelessness, and are seeking a fresh start. We help these New Yorkers to improve their health and their homes. We equip them with some of the tools they need to get back on their feet, and that starts with starting a home.
With your support, our #PositiveHomes for the Holidays initiative will create 50 #PositiveHomes packages that contain a number of essential items - and your support helps them make a fresh start - beginning Thanksgiving week and through the December holiday season.
Our #PositiveHomes starter kits can include:
* Bed linen and towels (including pillows, blankets)
* Toiletries (including soap, toothbrushes, shampoo)
* Kitchen supplies (including dishes, utensils, plates, pots, mugs)
* Cleaning supplies (including hand soap, bins, dustpans, laundry tablets)
* Clothing (including scarves and gloves for the winter season).
* Food items (inciuding instant coffee, canned goods, long-lasting foods)
Already, Alliance Board Member Allen Zwickler and his wife Ellen Pikitch have promised to match the first $2,500 donated. Your support is crucial to transform lives and make positive change.
Learn more about the Alliance at www.alliance.nyc.