Why do I ride?
This is my 6th year riding in the Pan Mass Challenge (PMC)! I ride because I am healthy and well enough to do so, while others are not. Stand up for a cause when things are going well. When life is difficult, stand taller and do what you can! This is something I can do! And this year, my son Matt is joining me for the very first time! How awesome is that!
How will I train for it?
I will train for 1000's of miles this summer preparing for my 192 mile PMC ride over two days in August!
I"m fortunate to be on the Boston Bruins Foundation team with their incredible group of riders and support staff. They make the burden light!
Where will the Funds Come from?
To date, my fund-raising has raised over 50k over 5 years. This year I'm splitting my fund-raising goal with my son Matt so we're both targeting raising 8k each! Most of these funds will come from our 3-on-3 hockey tournament hosted at the Haverhill Valley Forum (parkridge dr) on Sat. May 18th from 7am to 6pm. Please contact me if you want to enter a team in the 30+, 40+ or 50+ divisions! Contact Matt for High School Division teams.
Who do I ride for?
I'm riding in honor of family and friends who have battled and won/lost to Cancer including:
- My Father and his brother Mark who have both battled and beat prostate cancer!
- My Mother who has lost a brother and sister to cancer.
- My best friend Darryl who's a double-cancer survivor!
- My best friend Mike's wife (Deb) who kicked breast cancer's butt!
- My best friend Sean Moran who lost his battle to Cancer nearly 5 years ago.
- To all my friends and family who themselves have loved ones battling cancer, some are winning, some are losing... but all are fighting to Crush Cancer.
This is why I ride.