The entire mission of Our Village is "social connection." We were founded as a charity in 2015 to provide social skills groups to kids, teens and young adults who were alone, bullied, had little to no friends, and needed a safe place to practice these important life skills! We always vowed to deliver the highest quality, evidence-based play and social groups to families in need, with exceptional value.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 and staying at home orders, we have had to CLOSE our "physical doors" at Our Village in Redondo Beach, California, and all our GROUPS were put on an indefinite hold!
As a small, community charity, we have NO revenue coming in, we have families desperately in need, and we have no work to provide to our dedicated, expert and rockstar staff!
Since closing our doors, our "helping doors" are still OPEN!
· We have updated our website with ongoing updates of fun Social Distancing tools for teens!
· We have transitioned to some VIRTUAL groups and invested to have our staff clinicians trained in a modern and health-conscious telehealth PEERS®model through UCLA! (e.g. even though funds are tight; our treatment validity is always of the upmost important to us!)
· We offered a "Sibshop Instagram LIVE" event on National Sibling's Day for any child who has a brother or sister with ANY special need to know they are not alone!
· We have FREE downloadable books for families on our website.
· We interviewed 3 top experts in Psychology, BCBA Behavior and Occupational Therapy to deliver FREE vital information for families through Facebook LIVE of tips to "Helping your special needs child thrive in their learning, self-regulation and social skills while staying at home!"
· And last but not least, we have provided FREE Virtual Social Skills Classes for teens and young adults in CA online during the month of April, in honor of Autism Awareness Month and to reduce social isolation due to COVID-19 and staying at home.
As of 4/27/20, we have not received any SBA loans, federal/state help or anything else!!
We have an amazing opportunity where GoFUND Me will generously MATCH every dollar over $1000 in donations to OUR VILLAGE! We need every cent to pay our rent, pay our utilities, pay our staff, and build our programs to pivot and adapt to continued help of families with special needs now, and in the future!
We dearly miss our kids and families we serve, and can't wait to be together in-person again soon! We remain committed to helping our entire community staying "socially connected" and building empathy for all and inclusion for all, together as one social learning community,.... as "Our Village!" xoxo