Join Phenomenex on Tuesday, August 27th from 3:45 - 5:30 pm over at the Strand Brewery for an afternoon of trivia and philanthropy! Help raise money for children all over the world by participating or simply observing the Phenomenex Trivia Night where all donations will be going to UNICEF (see below for more info).
How it Works:
- Gather your coworkers, friends, and family (YES! Non-PHE peeps welcome!) to make a team of 2-6 players max
- Click the “Join” button and add everyone’s names to your team - creative team names encouraged!
- Each team member will need to raise or donate $5 as their entry fee (ex. a team of 3 needs to raise a minimum of $15 to play)
- Start raising your donations as a team before the event! The team with the most money raised will have their first round at Strand payed for by us! To raise money for your team just send this page’s link out and ask them to donate to your team’s name instead of the general donation option. You can then track your team’s progress against others at the bottom of this page.
- The team who wins Trivia Night will have the honor of a beautiful trophy and having their ENTIRE TAB from Trivia Night paid for!
- The Strand will be opening early for us (let's tip them well!), so you can start arriving at the brewery at 3:45 pm
- The first round of trivia questions will begin around 4:00 pm
- There will be a total of 7 question rounds
- Tentative end time: 5:30 pm
- Is trivia not your game, but you still want to participate? Come to the event and play in our several individual (non-trivia) games throughout the night and win fun prizes!
The United Nations Children's Fund, originally known as the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF), was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries that had been devastated by World War II.
UNICEF now works in over 192 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF insists that the survival, protection and development of children are universal development imperatives that are integral to human progress. They are committed to ensuring special protection for the most disadvantaged children - victims of war, disasters, extreme poverty, all forms of violence and exploitation and those with disabilities.
Current initiatives they are collecting donations for are: feeding starving children in Syria, providing an education and school supplies to kids in Yemen, and helping to provide clean drinking water to children around the world. To find all of UNICEF’s initiatives and goals click the link to learn more: https://www.unicef.org/what-we-do