For the first time in 14 years, Bellevue-based Emerald Ballet Theatre won't be taking the stage to perform The Nutcracker with our wonderful orchestra. But don't worry ... we're still dedicated to creating holiday magic for our Eastside communities and beyond.
We're busy planning festive events and educational opportunities for everyone to enjoy FREE this Holiday Season, including:
• A brand-new short video called "Nutcracker Storytelling" to be released in early December (postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions)
• An "Exploring Nutcracker" Series for Young Children on Facebook
• Nutcracker Master Classes for ages 10+ on Zoom
• Zoom mini-performances of Nutcracker dances for parents and families
• A virtual holiday cardmaking party for Seniors and First Responders
• And, in cooperation with the Northshore Performing Arts Foundation, a digital presentation of EBT's "The Nutcracker" from December 11-13
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP:
Ticket sales and production fees from Nutcracker performances are typically EBT's most significant revenue sources for the entire year. Without this income, we must turn to our community to ask for support. Your generosity will help ensure we can cover operational and program costs this winter, and continue developing ways to advance EBT's mission of education, performance and outreach in this new, primarily digital landscape.
While the pandemic is challenging us all in different ways, we strongly believe that by coming together, anything is possible. Please pitch in whatever you are able, then pass Drosselmeyer's hat onto others who may be interested.
Donations to non-profit EBT are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Plus, donors will be entered into weekly drawings to win some great prizes.
If you’re fortunate enough to be employed by a company who matches charitable contributions, don’t forget to submit paperwork so that you can double or even triple your gift! Contact your HR Dept. or EBT for more information.
To learn more about EBT and how we are continuing to share the joy and benefits of dance during the pandemic, please visit our website and connect with us on social media.