Hello Pack 221 Families,
Each year, our pack hosts a representative from the Blue Grass Council for a "Friends of Scouting" presentation. The annual FOS campaign raises funds to keep scouting programs a reality. This year, it was not possible to hold a fundraising presentation in person, which is a requirement for each pack. As an alternative, an online fundraising effort will substitute for this requirement. Please read the following information about scouting here in the Bluegrass and make a decision about donating. Your help is very much appreciated!
Over 6,600 Scouts throughout 55 counties in central and eastern Kentucky are served by the dedicated volunteers and professionals of the Blue Grass Council. However, providing an outstanding Scouting program isn't free. You can think of the “True Cost of Scouting” in terms of an iceberg. When you see an iceberg, only 20% is visible above the water. The rest of the iceberg is submerged, supporting the visible part. Like an iceberg, most Scouts and Scout families will only see 20% of the total operation of the Blue Grass Council or the Scouting program—they will not see the other 80% of the operation that makes the Scouting program come alive for their son or daughter. In order to continue providing the life-changing Scouting program to youth who need it, the Blue Grass Council must be able to pay these expenses.
Making a tax-deductible donation to the Blue Grass Council makes it possible for the council to continue paying the expenses that make Scouting happen. Over three-quarters of funds received go directly into providing a top-tier program for youth, covering expenses for program events, Camp McKee, and more. The remaining 21% is used to pay for the support services that are necessary for the Scouting program to function and grow, like the council service center, salaries for our dedicated professional staff, publications, the website, and more. The council treasurer, executive committee, and professional staff work very hard to maintain a balanced budget and put each and every dollar to use for Scouting.
Scouting needs your help to continue changing the lives of thousands of youth!
Thank you for supporting Scouting!