Founded in 2018, Overbrook West Neighbors (OWN) is a community development corporation comprised of concerned neighbors and stakeholders working together to improve the area bordered by 56th Street (east), 63rd Street (west), Lancaster Avenue (north) and Lansdowne Avenue (south). Our mission is to enhance commerce on the Upper Lancaster Avenue Business Corridor, work with residents and stakeholders to improve the quality of life in our community, and serve as the Registered Community Organization (RCO) for zoning concerns.
Since our founding, working in partnership with community stakeholders, we have accomplished some great things for Overbrook and our neighbors. And once COVID-19 began, we pivoted and focused on the need of our people including our seniors, business leaders and vulnerable families.
· With the generous support of Crest Auto Stores and working in partnership with the Share Food Program and our dedicated block captains we have delivered more than 35,000 produce boxes to our seniors and families;
- In partnership with The Historic African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas (AECST) and The Isaiah Project, we distributed over 100,000 pre-packaged lunch meals that were prepared by airport catering companies with Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funding;
· We have assisted Overbrook businesses leaders to secure PPP support, helped them to clean up following civil unrest and with the support of the Commerce Department, our elected officials and other organizations have guided them to connect with other much needed resources;
· We hosted Zoom calls to provide our neighbors with critical information and resources on PHL Rent Assist, 19th District PSA # 1 and more;
· We have performed small home repairs for our Overbrook and West Philadelphia seniors via The West Philadelphia Handyperson Program;
· In partnership with Penn Medicine, we provided a COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic for residents of The Monte Vista Apartments and throughout Overbrook;
· We have continued to support the zoning needs of our community as the Registered Community Organization (RCO) for our neighborhood;
· We provided support for Census 2020 and voting during the November 2020 General Election and May 2021 Primary Election;
· We have provided our neighbors with cleaning supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE) during the annual Overbrook Spring Cleanup;
· And we are just getting started!
NOW, WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please help us continue to get stuff done in our community. We need financial support to continue to help YOU - our neighbors, especially vulnerable seniors and families, business leaders and more.
Finally, if you are a senior who still needs help with food, and you meet program requirements, you can apply for the Share Senior Box Program. For more information, please contact Revolutionary Vision 6143 Lansdowne Avenue at (215) 693-6265.
Thank you for considering our request for support. We need each other to make a difference. If you have any questions about Overbrook West Neighbors, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overbrook West Neighbors. Keeping Overbrook Safe, Clean and Organized. ™️